After a long-haul flight, there’s nothing better than rushing to your hotel/home and getting checked-in so that you can clean up and look your best. It’s almost a given that when you’re traveling, it’s a little hard to look your best. The short flights aren’t so bad because that’s pretty much a short commute, but the long-haul ones really put your natural beauty to the test.
We’ll share a few tips to help you look amazing when you get off that plane, especially useful for those who constantly travel on business trips and may not have the luxury of time to check-in to the hotel first. Some just go straight from the airport, to the office.
Check out these 8 tips for your flight
1. Travel in comfort and style. These two don’t have to be mutually exclusive, it’s very possible to dress comfortably and look effortlessly chic and this could even be in things that aren’t seen. Perhaps slip on your comfiest bra, comfiest knickers, or how about gel insoles in your shoes so as your feet expand on the flight, you aren’t limping your way out of that plane. But be careful, this doesn’t mean you need to look slack.
2. Hydrate and avoid salty foods. Planes aren’t the most moisture-filled modes of transport. Your skin often feels dry and that doesn’t help you looking your best. Be sure to drink plenty of water or tea and avoid anything alcoholic. Apple juice is a great choice too. And avoid salty foods that may end up adding puffiness to your eyes, or dehydrating you even more. Bringing your own healthy snacks is ideal but we know that doesn’t always happen in between packing and scrambling to the airport.
3. Freshen your breath. Brush your teeth, floss, and rinse/gargle with mouth wash. Trust me this is the ONE thing I do in every flight I take that makes the world of a difference. Ideally do this just before you land and you won’t fall asleep again. Nothing like bad breath to repel people at a sigh of a word.
4. Keep your hair tidy. For women with curly hair, like me, flights can often be the worst thing for us. It just doesn’t sit right and at times it feels like the chair has some static power that makes us looking like one big frizz ball. If brushing your hair isn’t a good idea, keep it tied and a low ponytail or bun is always a chic look. For those with straight hair, a quick brush through will work wonders.
Related: 13 Hairstyle Hacks You Need To Know
5. Cleanse your face. Those warm/cold towels are great, but also keep oil blotting paper or facial wipes on hand. Wipe your face to get rid of any excess sebum produced, or even stale make-up. You want to look fresh-faced, not like you’ve just returned home from a night out on town.
6. Touch up basic makeup. I wouldn’t recommend wearing foundation on a flight, just because you don’t need it to flake and you don’t need that layer blocking your pores in an already dry flight. But no harm in re-applying lipstick, eyebrow fillers, and maybe a little blush. Concealer is a good safety tool to have to hide away any dark circles. But other than that, a well moisturised and clean palette is a great look.
Related: How to Get Spring’s ‘No Makeup’ Look
7. Smell good. Bring along a travel-sized perfume, or deodorant wipes which you can easily slip under your top and give a nice rub along your underarms. Body spray, you name it. There are various ways to freshen up and smell good and everyone loves sitting next to someone who smells fresh.
7 Tips to Have Your Fragrance Last – Let It Linger!
New Year, New Scent. Will Yours Be From the New Jo Malone London Cologne Intense Collection?
Be Enchanted with the Herb Garden by Jo Malone London
8. Bring something to change into. You don’t have to wear the same outfit you depart in at the arrival hall. A quick change of your top, or perhaps slipping into another dress, is fine! Especially if you’re traveling from one season change to another.
– Cover Image: pixabay.com