How you start your day sets the tone for your mood and mindset for the rest of your day – will you start it right and feel empowered? Or will you wake up grumpy and let the day pass you by?
Many people may say that we place too much emphasis on how we look these days, but I like to think that when we look good, we feel good, and when we feel our best, we do our best. It really does have an effect on our frame of mind.
We are here to share how you can add a few simple beauty habits to your morning routine that will help you feel ace.
5 beauty habits to add to your morning routine
1. Hydrate. The first thing you need to reach out for isn’t your phone, but it’s a glass of water. Even better if you add a few slices of lemon in it too. Be sure the water is room temperature or warm to reap the most benefits out of this drink – it clears up inflammation and gets your digestive system up and running too! Plus it’s great for clearer skin.
2. Wipe that excess makeup and oil away. I usually go straight for my facial wash, but I recently learnt a trick to first use a facial wipe. This wipes away any excess makeup you might have missed the night before, it also removes excess oil, and it gives your skin a little boost of the nutrients in the wipes. Use a refreshing cleansing wipe (not a makeup removing wipe).
3. Exfoliate. Do this once a week, or as and when needed, but do it in the morning. Exfoliate and scrub off all your dead skin cells, I preferably do this every Monday morning for that little boost and to say goodbye to all the damage I may have done to my skin over the weekend.
4. Moisturise and sunscreen. Don’t forget this most important step in the morning. Always keep your skin well hydrated with the right moisturiser for your skin type, and don’t forget to apply a layer of sunscreen (if your moisturiser doesn’t come with SPF) before you step out the door. The sun rays are a lot harsher now, avoid sun spots and any signs of ageing with proper protection.
5. Get active. Some of you may prefer to do your workouts in the morning, and that’s great. A bit of exercise gets your body pumped and ready to take on the day, you’ll feel more energised too! Just be sure you’re getting enough sleep the night before.
– Cover Image: sheknows.com