Whether for a family vacation, an overseas getaway with friends or a solo trip, visitors to Singapore will encounter a stimulating line-up of activities that will fulfil every passion this 2020.
- This year’s Chinese New Year Light Up will feature handmade sculptured lanterns of the 12 Chinese zodiac animals, gold coins and flowers – bringing an exhilarating festival spirit to the bustling streets of Chinatown. (4 January to 22 February 2020)
- Little India will come alive with magnificent light displays and colourful workshops during the Pongal Festival. (10 January to 9 February 2020)
- With the theme “Art Takes Over”, Singapore Art Week will return with new works and exciting cutting-edge art experiences happening island-wide. (11 to 19 January 2020
- Dazzling fireworks and lantern displays will serve as backdrop to performances and other interactive activities ushering in the Year of the Rat at River Hong Bao. (23 January to 1 February 2020)
- The second season of multimedia night walk Rainforest Lumina will draw to a close with virtual animals and stunning light effects over ten multisensory zones at the Singapore Zoo. (Runs until 9 February 2020)
- Known for its splendid floats, the Chingay Parade will return with its showcase of Singapore’s colourful heritage and multiracial community. (31 January to 1 February 2020
- The world’s best women golfers will battle it out to win the coveted cup at the HSBC Women’s World Championship. (27 February to 1 March 2020)
- Southeast Asia’s leading sustainable light art festival iLight Singapore will be back for its tenth edition with light art installations by artists from around the globe. (6 to 29 March 2020)
- The ArtScience Museum presents Disney: Magic of Animation, an exhibition showcasing more than 500 art pieces, including original drawings, paintings, sketches and concept art spanning the beloved studio’s over 90-year history. (Runs until 29 March 2020)
- Up-and-coming local and regional sports talents will compete at the JSSL Singapore International 7s, Asia’s largest youth soccer competition. (10 to 12 April 2020)
- International musical artists from multiple genres including British singer Rita Ora, American rapper A$AP Rocky and France’s DJ Snake will play their latest tunes at homegrown music festival Hydeout. (10, 11, 17, 18 April 2020)
- The HSBC Singapore Rugby Sevens will bring high-octane gameplay together with an energetic festival atmosphere and even opportunities for fancy dress! (11 to 12 April 2020)
- Mouth-watering dishes and the finest wines will abound at the World Gourmet Summit, which will feature a stellar line-up of celebrity chefs, unique dining experiences and themed masterclasses.
- The Singapore Cocktail Festival will provide every alcohol connoisseur access to the best cocktails and most skilled bartenders from around the world. (15 to 17 May 2020)
- Returning for its 43rd edition, the Singapore International Festival of Arts will present captivating and diverse works across theatre, music, dance, film and visual arts. (15 to 31 May 2020)
- The Skechers Sundown Festival will give visitors a chance to stay in an eco-art installation while jamming to the tunes of top Asian artistes. (29 to 31 May 2020)
- The Hari Raya Light Up will brighten the streets of Geylang Serai with beautiful light installations during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
- The Singapore Major will keep audiences captivated as they watch the best teams from around the world battle it out at one of the five Majors held globally for the DOTA 2 Professional Circuit in 2020. (20 to 28 June 2020)
- The 27th edition of the Singapore Food Festival will showcase Singaporeans’ obsession with food and tantalise tastebuds with wonderful delicacies created by the country’s brightest culinary talents. (10 to 26 July 2020)
- The Singapore Garden Festival will enthral visitors with an exquisite showcase of horticulture and floral artistry by the top professional florists from around the world. (18 to 26 July 2020)
- The inaugural Community Heritage Festival will celebrate local heritage in the heartlands and various residential neighbourhoods around Singapore. (24 July to 10 August 2020)
- Football fans can fulfil their childhood dreams and cheer for their favourite European football clubs at the International Champions Cup Singapore.
- The Bras Basah.Bugis district will transform into a visual feast during the Singapore Night Festival including light projections on the facades of Singapore Art Museum and National Museum Singapore. (21 to 29 August 2020)
- The heritage, people and places of the picturesque Singapore River will come to life at Singapore River Festival.
- The Grand Prix Season Singapore will return with an adrenaline-pumping line-up of after parties and race-themed activities held in conjunction with the FORMULA 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix. (11 to 20 September 2020)
- Visitors can enjoy irresistible mooncakes and a special light up with beautiful lantern displays during the Mid-Autumn Festival.
- The Singapore International Photography Festival will expand the reach of art photography and allow participants to uncover new photography talent.The annual Singapore Sandsationwill return with even more works by local and international sand sculptors and artists, as well as sculpting competitions and workshops.
- Attendees at Jeweluxe will get the chance to experience true timelessness with the world’s best curated jewellery and watches. (9 to 18 October 2020)
- The heart of gaming comes to Singapore for the first time at gamescom asia featuring exciting esports events, gaming workshops, cosplay theatrics and much more. (15 to 18 October 2020)
- Up to 80 innovative contemporary art galleries from Singapore and beyond will showcase works for viewing and purchase at ART SG. (30 October to 1 November 2020)
- Deepavali celebrations will see the streets of Little India lined with oil lamps and filled with exotic scents and sounds. (October to mid-November 2020)
- The C3 Anime Festival Asia Singapore will return with more opportunities for visitors to dress up as their favourite anime characters and meet fellow enthusiasts.
- The November edition of Boutique Fairs Singapore will be an experiential lifestyle event with a focus on showcasing local brands, high-quality merchandise, and entertainment.
- The Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon, the only IAAF Gold Label race in Southeast Asia, will once again offer competition categories for athletes of all ages and abilities. (5 to 6 December 2020)
- Street culture convention Culture Cartel will feature artists and exhibitors across five sub-cultures: tattoo, fashion, toys, art and music.
- Southeast Asia’s ultimate celebration of the best of Western and Asian pop culture, Singapore Comic Con, will return with more collectibles, toys, comics, esports and cosplay activities for fans to enjoy.
- Gardens by the Bay will once again transform into a charming festive market with a winter village theme and joyous festivities at Christmas Wonderland. (November to December 2020)
- Christmas on a Great Street will let visitors soak in the holiday spirit as Orchard Road becomes an awe-inspiring holiday wonderland.
- The iconic Marina Bay Singapore Countdown is the best way to ring in the new year with fireworks displays lighting up the night sky alongside a host of exciting activities on the streets that extends from early evening into the night. (31 December 2020)
Don’t miss these highly anticipated events and more! Others will be added throughout the year, so stay tuned to www.VisitSingapore.com for the latest updates and plan your trip to Singapore in 2020.