Regardless of whether you run a company on your own, or report to a workplace every day, routine tasks are part of many jobs. Turning on the laptop at 9am, replying emails, planning your to-dos, every day is pretty much the same routine.
Establishing a steady routine for your workday increases efficiency in your life, by enabling you to do things without too much thought. Nonetheless, there are unexpected benefits to switching up your daily routine, to make sure things do not become monotonous.
Here are five ways to break out of the daily routine.
1. Change scenery. The idea here is that a change of scenery can improve your focus. As much as you’re able, try adding variety by moving a meeting to the pantry or even outside of your office. Or how about booking a co-working space for a few hours? This also helps bring tired thoughts back on track.
2. Leverage your lunch hour. Sitting for long periods of time can make you sick in more ways than one. So walk away, head out of the office to discover a new eatery. If you’re into cooking, switch things up by preparing something delicious from home. Avoid eating at work desk.
3. Switch up your daily rituals. Little things can make such a big difference. Switching up one small thing about your morning routine, such as taking the different route to your work place or changing your breakfast can jolt you out of the menial of everyday habits.
4. Make new friends at your workplace. Everyone knows how important it is to make friends at work. Step outside your comfort zone and make the effort to talk to colleagues from other departments. As much as you’re able, say yes to the outings another team invites you to. The real key here is to be genuine.
5. Reward yourself. Tedious routine are less daunting when employees are given a short break afterwards. You could reward yourself with a dessert treat after you’re completed with your task.
– Cover Image: ncwc.edu