Honor Malaysia launched its latest flagship smartphone yesterday in Malaysia – the honor Pro 8, featuring the next-generation technology, improved speed and an inspired design through various strategic partnerships in the areas of gaming, photography and virtual reality, which is set to offer a superior user experience.
Retails at RM1,999, the honor 8 Pro is available in Malaysia market beginning July 11, 2017 with colour options of Navy Blue and Midnight Black. The first 100 customers who purchase the honor 8 Pro on online store, vMall from July 12 and share their purchase via Facebook post will be able to redeem a powerbank worth RM128.
Key Features of the honor 8 Pro
- The Kirin 960 chipset features 8 processor cores – 4 high performance Cortex A73 cores clocked to 2.4GHz and 4 low-power Cortex A53 cores clocked to 1.8GHz – that improve single core and multi core performance by 10% and 18% respectively;
- The Mali-G71 includes support for the cutting edge Vulkan graphics and compute API (application programming interface) and boosts graphic performance up to 400%, which allows the honor 8 Pro to run the most demanding games at high frame rates with minimum lag and dropped frames, even in 3D.
- The new EMUI 5.1 system leverages machine learning to learn from your behaviour and habits to minimise lag and ensure applications and files load smoothly.
- the honor 8 Pro’s battery provides 2 days of regular use, and almost 1.44 days for heavy use, based on its honor lab test.
- Available in navy blue and midnight black, honor 8 Pro has an ultra-thin 6.97mm metal body with over 1,000 components, including the dual-lens camera, sitting flush with the body.
4) High Resolution Display with colour and sharpness enhancement
honor 8 Pro’s Quad HD display gives the colour accuracy and detail – with a high resolution of 515ppi, 16700K colours and 94.5% coverage of the NTSC color gamut. Professional calibration comes with colour and sharpness enhancement technology in the display engine and a 2D image detail enhancer. The device also comes VR-ready, with a bundled cardboard viewer and pre-installed Jaunt VR app containing a wealth of video content.
5) Dual 12-megapixel Dua-Lens Camera
The honor 8 Pro comes with 12-megapixel dual-lens camera – the monochrome lens captures a black-and-white image with incredible depth of detail while the RGB lens ensure faithful and vivid color reproduction. The camera also give a wide aperture range (f/0.95–f/16) delivers DSLR-like depth of field effects for both photo and video shooting. The device supports shooting of 4K videos, encoded in the efficient H.265 codec, which produces files twice as small as its predecessor. EMUI 5.1 also introduces Highlights, a new feature co-developed with Go Pro that intelligently organises photos by category and automatically generates video stories that are easily customisable.
For more information on honor, visit hihonor.com/my.