Kii IoT platform selected by Kyocera to power its ‘Daily Support’ wearable smart healthcare device and service
Kii, the leading Internet of Things (IoT) cloud platform provider, has announced a strategic collaboration with Kyocera Corporation (Kyocera) to develop a cloud-based healthcare monitoring service and smart device combination called “Daily Support“.
Daily Support features an 11-gram wearable device created by Kyocera called ‘TSUC’ that measures step counts, calorie consumption and status detection differentiation, which determine the variances between walking or running on flat surfaces and stairs – as opposed to vehicles such as a bicycle or car or riding an elevator vs. an escalator.
By collaborating with Kii, TSUC can easily connect to the cloud for user calorie and activity data monitoring. It is designed specifically for company employees, health insurance and healthcare service providers.
Daily Support’s core user capabilities include:
- Measuring the amount of daily activity, as well as other detailed data points on activity, sleep, visceral fat and calorie consumption when worn by users
- Automatically uploading the data to the user’s smartphone, allowing for effortless monitoring of lifestyle-related data
- Collecting data on the amount of activity, sleep, visceral fat and calorie consumption via an app
- Monitoring conditions through graphs and figures displayed in the app
- Unique ranking and point system among users
- Observing the activities and data of the service, users on the Web site and send messages individually to promote better habits, as well as send group messages to users with similar tendencies
- Visualising activity by the device, as it can measure calories when a user takes a picture of a meal, and monitor sleep, and visualise internal fat via a new, proprietary technology.