Priyanka Chopra and Yara Shahidi were Laura Mercier’s muses during the 2017 People’s Choice Awards where two top makeup artists from Laura Mercier gave them their stunning red carpet looks.
Celebrity makeup artist for Laura Mercier, Pati Dubroff worked with Priyanka Chopra. She noted, “Her dress is a beautiful peach tone, so I wanted her makeup to look warm and fresh – she looks like a breath of spring.”
Pati shares a detailed breakdown for how to recreate Priyanka’s fresh look:
- First, Pati prepped Priyanka’s skin using Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil.
- Next, she applied Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask, and let it spend some time on the skin so it could fully absorb.
- To make her skin super moist, she sprayed Sisley Floral Mist Spray onto the surface, then removed excess with a damp washcloth.
- To create a beautiful, warm and glowing complexion, Pati applied Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Praline (RM219) all over Priyanka’s skin.
- Next, she applied Laura Mercier Custom Contour Compact (not available in M’sia), giving her skin a luminous finish and a “gentle contour.”
- To set Priyanka’s skin and give it a soft glow, Pati applied Laura Mercier Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder Shade 5 (RM179) all over her skin.
- Finishing her complexion, Pati applied a touch of e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Blush in Rose Royalty on the apples of her cheeks.
- To create a warm, matte look, Pati layered colors from the Viseart Eyeshadow Palette on Priyanka’s eyelids. Pati shared, “The orange-toned hues warmed up the eye and created a very soft look.”
- Pati applied a few coats of Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara (RM119) to give Priyanka bold lashes.
- Completing the look, Pati gave Priyanka a “pink-coral” colored lip to complement the tone of her dress by applying Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Fantasy (RM129).
While celebrity makeup artist, Tasha Brown worked with Yara Shahidi. Tasha noted, “Every aspect of this look was inspired by the amazing black and white dress Yara wore. I gave Yara a statement lip, so the rest of the look remained soft, fresh easy and natural.”
Brown shares a detailed breakdown for how to recreate Yara’s statement lip look:
- To begin, Tasha applied “just a few” drops of Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Chai (RM219). Tasha shared, “this provided enough coverage, but also let her beautiful skin shine through.”
- Next, she dusted NEW Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – Translucent Medium Deep (available in May).
- Tasha used Laura Mercier Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder in Shade 6 (RM179) as a slight bronzing contour.
- Completing her flawless complexion, Tasha swiped Kevyn Aucoin Blush in Shadore onto her cheeks.
- Tasha applied the lightest shade, Metallik Pewter, from the Laura Mercier Editorial Eye Palette Intense Clays (available in April) all over Yara’s eyelids to catch the light.
- Next, she brushed L’Oréal Voluminous Mascara in Black onto her lashes.
- Because Yara’s dress was black and white, Tasha wanted to add a fun pop of color to her lips that gave the look “fun, youthful energy.” Tasha shared, “This is the first time Yara has worn a statement lip on the red carpet, so she wanted it to stand out.” Tasha chose Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Addiction (RM129). She smudged the color into the center off her mouth and blended it to the edges of her lips, keeping the look soft and easy, with no hard lines.
The products mentioned above are available at Laura Mercier counters located at 1 Utama, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, The Gardens Mall, Bangsar Village II, Sunway Pyramid, Empire Shopping Gallery, Sunway Putra Mall, and Penang Gurney Plaza. All prices quoted above inclusive of 6% GST.