Sephora Southeast Asia reaffirms its commitment towards the environment with the introduction of the new Clean + Planet Positive seal which highlights brands that prioritise ecological and sustainable approaches to creating and selling beauty products. Launched in conjunction with the second edition of the Clean at Sephora campaign, the new seal is built upon the original Clean at Sephora seal which was introduced in 2021.
As the leading beauty retailer, Sephora Malaysia seeks to lead the Clean Beauty conversation through Clean at Sephora, by educating and empowering customers to make informed beauty purchases based on two pillars – Clean + Planet Positive (better for we) and Clean at Sephora (better for me) through the campaign.
Clean + Planet Positive
With the launch of the new Clean + Planet Positive seal, Sephora spotlights brands who have a strong commitment to changing the beauty landscape and the earth for the better. In order to earn the Clean + Planet Positive seal, brands must be Sephora-approved and meet a very specific set of criteria.
What does the Clean + Planet Positive seal stand for?
- Clean Ingredients – Clean at Sephora approved. Formulated without phthalates, formaldehyde or formaldehyde releasers, oxybenzone and octinoxate, hydroquinone, triclosan, coal tar, methylisothiazolinone, insoluble plastic, microbeads.
- Climate Commitment – Brands must meet at least one of the following climate goals: carbon-neutral operations, greenhouse gas emissions reduction, or corporate office and owned or leased operations powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Sustainable Sourcing – Cruelty-free, using only sustainability harvested palm oil and mica, and no microplastics.
- Responsible Packaging – Must reduce, recycle, and reimagine the way they package. That means: no single-use items or unnecessary materials. Designing with recyclability in mind. Innovating with refillable components, post-consumer recycled content (PCR), biomaterials, plant-based ink and more.
- Environmental Giving – Donate at least 1% of profit to a high-impact, long-term giving program that is multiyear and ongoing, or be a Certified B-corporation.
Clean + Planet Positive brands include Biossance, Caudalie, Farmacy, Herbivore, Glow Recipe, Briogeo, Selfless By Hyram, and SEPHORA COLLECTION.
Clean at Sephora
Through the Clean at Sephora campaign, Sephora Malaysia continues its education efforts on Clean Beauty and emphasising on its “formulated without” ingredient list that is known or suspected to be potentially harmful to human health and the environment. Since the launch of the Clean at Sephora seal in 2021, Sephora Malaysia has consistently improved the assortment with science-backed innovations and eliminating even more ingredients that customers may want to avoid.
Clean at Sephora brands include Fresh, Tatcha, Tarte, Glowish, and Olaplex.
Learn more about Clean @ Sephora here. Head to your nearest Sephora store or visit their online store at sephora.my to explore their wide range of clean beauty offerings.
Read also: Sephora Fall Press Day 2022: The Latest Beauty Launches You Need to Know About