Japan Expo Malaysia 2018 (JEMY 2018), an immersive All-Japan event which gathers Japan’s most iconic cultures, music, anime, art, fashion, food, travel and live entertainment, is returning to Pavilion Kuala Lumpur (Pavilion KL) this weekend from July 27 to 29, 2018.
Organised by G-Yu Creative, the 3-day exciting JEMY 2018, concluding Tokyo Street’s month-long 7th Anniversary celebration, ‘Dream Japan Festival’ held throughout July. This year, JEMY 2018 brings 6 exciting zones: Entertainment, Taste, Lifestyle & Academic, Trend, Travel & Prefecture and Anime & Games to satisfy any Japanese fan.
Pikotaro Live Performance | July 29
Popular for his viral song, PPAP or better known as “Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen”, pop sensation PIKOTARO makes a comeback to Malaysia and Pavilion KL at this exhilarating event with the first performance of his brand-new song outside of Japan. Enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity on Sunday, 29th July 2018 to see PIKOTARO perform live and meet-and-greet this energetic viral-hit Japanese star.
Sensational Japanese Celebrities
There will also be special performances and appearances by artistes and teen idol groups such as You Kikkawa, misono, Ladybaby, ChocoLate Bomb, The Sixth Lie and Metropolis De Onelia to name a few. Visitors will also get the chance to rub shoulders with famous cosplayer Hiroyuki-Mitsume Takahash, movie actor Shogen, and singer Ryuji Aoki among others.
- Travel & Prefecture (Zone A) – Achieve your Japanese wanderlust goals.
- Japan Trend (Zone B) – Update your cool factor with Japanese gadgets and other fast moving trends for Japan.
- Lifestyle & Academic (Zone C) – Japanese fashion wardrobes and “Let’s Study in Japan!”
- Anime & Games (Zone D) – Figurines, magazines, games, merchandise and much more.
- Main Stage (Zone E) – Cheer on famous Japanese artists, stars and idols.
- Taste of Japan (Zone F) – Get your foodie game on with Japanese favourites and new trendy delicacies.