This year, W Kuala Lumpur welcomes the year of the Rabbit with an exciting array of celebrations with heart-warming feasts and decadent experiences at YEN with its Chinese favourites redefined with a contemporary twist.
Helmed by Chef Weng who specialises in Cantonese and Szechuanese, YEN presents you flavoursome set menus, ala-carte specialties, varieties of Yee Sang, a special hopping CNY selection of dim sums, One Two Tea afternoon tea and CNY Hampers for gifting.
Lucky Toss Yee Sang
A must-have for the Lunar New Year, let’s toss to abundance, good health, and fortune with Yen’s Lucky Toss Yee Sang varieties. Available in a variety options, the Lucky Toss Yee Sang can be ordered for dine in or take out.
|Premium Jelly Fish Yee Sang, Korean Snow Pear, Red Palm Oil||MYR168 for half portion (for 2-6 persons);
MYR278 for full portion (for 8-10 persons)
|Norwegian Salmon Fish Yee Sang, Air Dried Szechuan Fish Chips, Crispy Salted Egg Fish Skin, Red Palm Oil||MYR188 for half portion (for 2-6 persons);
MYR298 for full portion (for 8-10 persons)
|Crispy Lobster Meat, Soft Shell Crab Yee Sang, Red Palm Oil||MYR228 for half portion (for 2-6 persons);
MYR368 for full portion (for 8-10 persons)
|Premium Caviar, Gold Flakes, Truffle Oil, Abalone Yee Sang, Red Palm Oil||MYR288 for half portion (for 2-6 persons);
MYR468 for full portion (for 8-10 persons)
Lucky Toss Yee Sang W2GO:
Packed in a oh so vibrant circular shaped box featuring bold and daring colours befitting of the W brand, the Lucky Toss Yee Sang W2GO is representative of the bold, full flavours of the choice of your Yee Sang – perfect for take-away, gifting and hampers.
Price starting from MYR298 onwards for one portion available from 3 January 2023 – 5 February 2023. Pre-order required via W2GO – Oddle @ lunarnewyear.oddle.me/en_MY/ and enjoy:
- 10% discount on selected banks and W Kuala Lumpur Club Marriott;
- 10% discount for signing up for Marriott BonVoy Loyalty Programme.
Lunar New Year Gift Hampers
W Kuala Lumpur is handcrafting luxurious gift hampers filled with premium ingredients for all to enjoy together. Each hamper signifying good luck, good health, and good fortune. A choice of non-alcoholic and alcoholic that comes in a deep and vivid Crimson Red box symbolising vigor, passion, love, affection, and courage as we usher in the auspicious year of the Rabbit:
Discounts: 25 boxes-49 boxes: 5% off; 50 boxes & above: 10% off.
- This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other ongoing promotions, discounts, vouchers or privilege cards.
- Delivery services can be arranged and subject to delivery charges. Offer is not applicable on delivery charges.
- Delivery charges are waived off for purchases above 50 boxes in one single receipt or delivery (within the Klang Valley area)
- All orders must be fully paid before collections or delivery
Pre-order starts from 15 December 2022 and pick up will be available from 3 January 2023 onwards via W2GO – Oddle @ lunarnewyear.oddle.me/en_MY/.
*Excluding delivery fee
*Pre-order two days (48 hours) in advance
*Delivery from 2pm – 5pm
*Monday’s YEN is closed
Xinnian Hao (Happy New Year) Dim Sum Brunch
Bring your family, friends, loved ones and colleagues and lets ‘yum cha’ to the New Year and indulge in a delicious array of dumplings symbolising good fortune.
- Duration: 2 January – 26 February 2023 (Saturday, Sundays and Public Holidays only)
- Slot: Seating 1: 11AM-12:30PM; Seating 2: 1PM-2:30PM
- Price: MYR168 nett per adult; MYR84 nett per child
Inclusive of one portion of premium bird’s nest soup and steamed double layer ninko.
One Two Tea
Enjoy a hi-tea with mouthwatering and sumptuous teatime indulgence at Woobar between 3PM to 5PM. With a wide range of dishes that will satisfy all members of your family, it is inevitable to not be swept away with our specially curated menu offering savory and sweets that will impress the tea out of you from start to finish.
- Duration: Available from 3 January to 28 February 2023, Tuesdays –Sundays from 3pm to 5pm.
- Price: MYR168 nett per person (for dine in) inclusive of one (1) welcome drink
Pre-order available from 15 December 2022 and pick up will be available from 3 January 2023 onwards via W2GO – Oddle @ lunarnewyear.oddle.me/en_MY for MYR198 nett* per person.
*Excluding delivery fee
*Pre-order one day (1) in advance
*Delivery from 2pm – 5pm
Signature Picks From Yen’s Culinary Artist, Chef Weng
Let’s hop to it and enjoy a feast this Chinese New Year with a selection of these top picks and sets from Chef Tan Kim Weng. Yen offers four (4) Reunion set menus, which include and there will an option of alcoholic beverage packages available, in addition to Dim Sum, Dessert, and À la Carte options.
- Spot of Sunshine set menu: MYR238 per person for food only (min. 2 persons)
- Prosperous Life Forever set menu: MYR328 per person for food only (min. 2 persons)
- Wishing You Prosperity set menu: MYR368 per person for food only (min. 6 persons)
- Double Happiness set menu: MYR428 per person for food only (min. 6 persons)
Throughout this period, a special Dim Sum menu is also offered, with highlights including Steamed Prosperity Mandarin Orange Dumpling, Bird Nest; Oven Baked Fatt Choi Abalone Pie, Chicken Onion Filling; Steamed Shanghainese Fortune Dumplings, Herbs Broth, Gold Flake and Deep-Fried Golden Pastry, Shredded Turnip, Mozzarella Cheese.
Don’t forget to order some of these recommended signature dishes Braised “Monk Jump Over The Wall”, Superior Chicken Soup; Braised Premium Assorted Hot Dish (Poon Choy); Steamed Sliced Tiger Grouper Fish, Teochew Style (400G); Wok Fried Alaska Scallop, Asparagus, Egg White, Caviar and the Wok Fried Organic Orzo, Braised Sabah King Prawn.
Yen Private Dining Rooms
Dine privately in style this Chinese New Year in our Private Dining Rooms. Only applicable for set menus and a la carte orders. Reservations required.
- Small Private Dining Room (Maximum 10 persons): MYR1,500 minimum spending
- Big Private Dining Room (Maximum 16 persons): MYR2,000 minimum spending
- Small Private Dining Room (Maximum 10 persons): MYR2,000 minimum spending
- Big Private Dining Room (Maximum 16 persons): MYR3,000 minimum spending
Available at YEN from 2 January – 5 February 2023.
11AM-2:30PM (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|For CNY Eve Only|
|Dinner||1st Seating: 5PM-7PM;
2nd Seating: 8PM-10PM | Last order: 9:30PM
Only CNY Set Menu Available
Pre-payment and pre-order is required at the point of reservation and YEN will be open on the following Mondays specified below for the Chinese New Year period:
- 23 January 2023
- 30 January 2023
**Bookings Terms and Conditions:
- Pre-payment and pre order is required at the point of reservations in order to secure the bookings.
- Chinese New Year Eve – required full payment in advance to secure all bookings.
- Table seating is subject to availability.
- Cancellation before 7 January 2023 will incur no charge
- Cancellation between 8 to 17 January 2023 will incur 50% charge
- Cancellation after 18 January 2023 will incur 100% charge
Blackout dates where discounts and W Kuala Lumpur Club Marriott redemptions are not applicable: 21 January – 24 January 2023; Chinese New Year Eve, Chinese New Year Day 1, Chinese New Year Day 2 & Chinese New Year Day 3.
Bring on the extra luck and prosperity with YEN’s delicious delights. Let this holiday invoke warm fuzzy feelings of hope for the future and inspire us all to savour meaningful moments together.
For enquiries or to purchase, visit W Kuala Lumpur website at wkualalumpur.com, drop them an email at email@example.com, WhatsApp, or contact +6012-357 4788.
Read also: Make The List With W Kuala Lumpur This Festive Season