October has been designated as the Pink Month, the month dedicated to raise Breast Cancer Awareness. Since 1992, The Estée Lauder Companies has been actively in the global breast cancer movement since Evelyn H. Lauder co-created the Pink Ribbon and started The Breast Cancer Campaign in that year.
This year, The Estée Lauder Companies’ Breast Cancer Campaign remains rooted in its mission to create a breast cancer-free world – it’s #TimeToEndBreastCancer. In view of the current challenging times when we are in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, The Estée Lauder Companies has reaffirmed how crucial it is to support one another as well as medical research, all of those currently living with breast cancer, vulnerable groups who may face a disparity in access to healthcare, and the doctors, nurses and caretakers on the front lines.
The Campaign’s creative features a single, bold Pink Ribbon, and will take the following actions aligned to its mission:
- Unite people virtually around the globe through digital events and activations to drive engagement and support.
- Launch a new social media call to action to rally supporters to participate and raise funds for BCRF through the simple action of showing their Pink Ribbon and sharing what it means by using the hashtags #TimeToEndBreastCancer and #ELCdonates.
- For every public, in-feed Instagram or Facebook post during the month of October featuring both hashtags together, @esteelaudercompanies will donate $25 to @bcrfcure up to $100,000—because it’s always been more than a ribbon.
- Illuminate buildings, monuments and landmarks worldwide in glowing pink lights to raise awareness of breast health, including the Empire State Building, New York City and the Eiffel Tower, Paris
- Mobilize employees worldwide to positively impact communities and unite in action to support more than 60 breast cancer organizations around the world.
- Continue to produce and distribute informative materials and pink ribbons worldwide.
- Drive donations to BCRF through ELCompanies.com/BreastCancerCampaign.
This year, 20 of The Estée Lauder Companies’ brands will support The Campaign’s mission – that include AERIN, Aveda, BECCA, Bobbi Brown, Bumble and bumble, Clinique, Darphin, DKNY, Donna Karan, Dr. Jart+, Estée Lauder, GLAMGLOW, Jo Malone London, La Mer, Lab Series, Origins, Prescriptives, RODIN olio lusso, Smashbox, and Tom Ford Beauty. Each will sell Pink Ribbon Products or make donations to BCRF and/or other charitable organizations around the world.