It’s that time of the year again. Days into Ramadan, less than three weeks to Raya, you’re probably in that confused place, wondering what to wear for Raya this year. Settling for just one outfit is difficult (which explains why us girls buy three…or more) but deciding on the kind of shoes that won’t kill your feet AND break your bank – that’s a tough one.
So why not opt for something comfortable that will carry you through Raya and beyond? Our Fashion and Lifestyle Writer, Shadjihar Jasmani, showed how it’s done in her JD Sports picks.
“My Kind of Raya”
1. Polley T-Bar Mary Jane – RM539.00 (Dr. Martens)
I like my kebaya but I also like my Dr. Martens which is why I decided this Raya I shall have both so I can be in my element doing what I love the most (read: stuffing my face). What’s so special about the Polley T-Bar is the fact that it comes with Dr. Martens iconic AirWair™, an air-cushioned bouncing sole that’s resistant to oil, petrol, fat and alkali which is also conveniently slip-resistant.
2. Chuck Taylor All Star ’70 Low Top – RM299.00 (Converse)
There’s two things I swear by when it comes to comfort: cotton Kurung and Converse Chuck Taylor. What was once considered the best basketball sneaker of all time, the Chuck 70 is born based on the original 1970s design with OrthoLite® cushioning for all-day comfort.
3. Deerupt Runner – RM420.00 (adidas Originals)
[also seen here Pink Soda Sport Tape Tee, RM149.00 & Pink Soda Sport Tape Legging, RM149.00]
By the third day of Raya every year, without fail, I will find myself reaching for the easiest things to wear as I get ready for a family day out and these Pink Soda Sport matching set coupled with adidas Originals’ Deerupt Runner are just what I need. The Deerupt, as ultra-modern as it looks covered in stretch grid webbing, is equipped web-wrapped EVA midsole and OrthoLite® cushioned sockliner that fits like a dream.
4. Stan Smith – RM280.00 (adidas Originals)
[also seen here adidas Grid Tank, RM170.00 & adidas Legging (worn as sleeves), RM160.00)
As Raya moves along and the open house invitations keep on pouring in, sometimes one would have no choice but to resort to casual wear to make up for lack of wardrobe choices and ease of movement. Now revamped with a pink cloudy design on the heel and lining, this clean and crisp Stan Smith makes the perfect companion for Raya visits and after-hours meet with friends.
5. Basket Heart Oceanaire Women’s Trainers – RM399.00 (PUMA)
[also seen here adidas Cropped Hoodie, RM280.00)
Those who are close to me know I like to travel in style but how exactly do you strike the perfect balance between comfort and style minus the hassle of “dressing up”? Easy peasy. Grab a hoodie, a pair of skinny and a statement sneakers to vamp it up, and you’re all ready to balik kampung (ideal for balik bandar journey of going back too). My choice of sole? PUMA’s Basket Heart Oceanaire – fresh, funky (peep the fish skin formstrip!) and fierce knotted down in extra-large ribbon laces.
JD x Pamper.My Raya Giveaway
We have partnered with JD Sports Malaysia for a Raya giveaway where we will choose five (5) winners randomly to walk away with RM200.00 worth of JD Gift Cards. Scroll through to find out how you can enter!
Period: 30th May 2018 (Wednesday) – 5th June 2018 (Tuesday)
Prizes: 5 x RM200.00 worth of JD Gift Cards (5 winners)
Winner Announcement: 6th June 2018 (Wednesday)
Prize Collection Period: 7th June 2018 – 29th June 2018 (to collect from Pamper.My’s office in Puchong during office hours on weekdays)
How To Enter:
- Like and share this JD x Pamper.My Raya Giveaway post on your Facebook and/or Instagram (Publicly), and tag #JDxPamperMy, #JDxPamperMyRayaGiveaway and #PamperMy in the caption.
2. Tag 2 friends on this post.
3. Follow JD Sports Malaysia’s and Pamper.My’s Facebook page and/or Instagram as follows (make sure your account is set to public for verification purposes):
- JD Sports Malaysia Facebook page: www.facebook.com/jdsportsmalaysia
- JD Sports Malaysia Instagram: www.instagram.com/jdsportsmy
- Pamper.My Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Pamper.My
- Pamper.My Instagram: www.instagram.com/pamper.my
*More than one entries allowed (more shares with the right caption will increase your chances!)
Terms & Conditions:
- Closing date: 5th June 2018, 11.59pm.
- The contest is open to Malaysian residents age 18 and above residing in the Klang Valley only.
- Winners are required to submit their personal particulars including their name, NRIC no., mobile no., email address and correspondence address.
- Any incomplete and incorrect submissions received will be rendered null and void.
- Winners will be announced on Facebook and Instagram and the winners are required to contact Pamper.My within a certain timeframe.
- Winners are required to collect the prizes from Pamper.My’s office located at D-3A-55, IOI Boulevard, Jalan Kenari 5, Bandar Puchong Jaya, 47170 Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia, within a certain timeframe. Any collection after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Winners will have to bring their I.C. with them when collecting the prizes for verification purpose.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash and are not transferable to another person.
- This giveaway is not associated with Facebook, Instagram and YouTube in any way.
- All decisions made by Pamper.My are final and no complaints will be entertained.
- Pamper.My reserves the right to amend the contest rules, terms and conditions or terminate the contest at its sole and absolute discretion.
Source: JD Sports Malaysia
Read also: PamperPicks: 2018 Summer Swimwear Essentials From JD Sports