The first BABY-G shock-resistant watch for active women was released in 1994 and celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. To help celebrate the special occasion, Casio is collaborating with the The Pokémon Company on a special edition of the BABY-G watch inspired by Pikachu, the 25th Pokémon in the Pokédex.
Longtime fans of the Pokémon video game franchise will enjoy details on the BABY-G watch reflecting the style of the original Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue video games released in 1996 in an edgy way.
The numbers “0:25” are printed on the band loop, while on a black base, the watch band is decorated with neon, polygon-style Pikachu lightning marks, and Poké Balls. The design of the dial references the original game screen, giving a very 90’s feel. A polygon-style Pikachu appears when the EL backlight is turned on, and Pikachu’s rear view is engraved on the back cover. Even the packaging is specially shaped like a Poké Ball.
- Shock resistant
- Electro-luminescent backlight
- Selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow
- World time
- 29 time zones (48 cities), daylight saving on/off
- 1/100-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 59’59.99”
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, am/pm, date, day
- Accuracy: ±30 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 3 years on CR1616
- Size of case / total weight
- BGD-560PKC ………….44.7×40.0×12.5 mm / 44 g
The newest Pokémon series game for the Nintendo Switch has been released on November 15th! For details, visit https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/.